This Slimming World tomato pasta is my absolute favourite go-to dinner when I want to knock something together that is fast, easy and packed with flavour.
This takes only 10 minutes to cook, probably 20 minutes in total from getting into the kitchen to having the food on your plate - my kinda meal! It is SO simple to make, and actually something I picked up from a local when I was in a rural part of Italy and I just love it, the fact it is Slimming World Friendly is a bonus!
- 400g Cherry or Plum Tomatoes
- Frylight (is it even a Slimming World meal without it?!)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh basil
Method - Slimming World Tomato Pasta:
- Slice all of your tomatoes in half whilst boiling the kettle for your pasta. Follow the instructions on your pasta packet, this is how long we will be cooking the entire meal for.
- Once the water is boiled get the water salted and get the pasta straight in.
- Cover a frying pan in Fry light and get the pan nice and hot.
- Peel and cut your clove of garlic in half and fry it in the pan with the Frylight.
- After a minute or so put all of the sliced tomatoes into the pan to soften. I use a wooden spoon to squish (technical term) the tomatoes so all the juice comes out, this is what makes the sauce. Turn the pan down as low as it will go and continue to mush the tomatoes.
- Tear your fresh basil and sprinkle into the pan with the tomatoes.
- Stir the tomatoes until the sauce starts to thicken once you have a nice thick consistency turn the pan off completely and wait for your pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it then add it to your frying pan with the tomatoes, give it a good mix until all of the pasta is covered in the sauce, then serve.
et voila! The quickest, tastiest plate of pasta ever. In my opinion anyway.
If you like this recipe please share your comments, like us on Twitter and if you make this yourself don’t forget to tag us in your pic on Instagram!
For more Slimming World ideas click here.
-love Carla x